Monday, August 03, 2009

Tummy Tickling

Sometimes I wonder what it is about me that attracts odd stories. I think I must be one of "those people" that strange things happen to.

Last night I was talking with a friend before church. In the middle of our conversation, a much older man with some disabilities walked over and sat directly between me and my friend. He started talking to me, asking my name and making chit chat. I politely responded and conversed with him.

After a minute or two, I turned to the other side to greet a friend of mine across the room. While my head was turned, I felt someone graze their fingers across my tummy! I whipped my head back around, totally startled and realized the older man had reached over and grabbed the long necklace I was wearing, brushing my stomach in the process!

He was examining the necklace and commenting on how pretty it was. I quietly reached over and pulled the necklace out of his hand.

Just then, a friend of mine walked up and the man exclaimed to her "Oh wow! You have beautiful hair! Woof!"

To say the remainder of Bible study was awkward would be putting it mildly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, awkward.

Woulda been better awkward if you'd exclaimed loudly "DON'T TOUCH ME THERE!"

That gentleman can sit with the guys going forward.

Mimi said...

yeah...

there was definitely a turtle around you on Sunday!