Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dating Consultant

Last night I was talking with a male acquaintance who mentioned to me that he has a date with someone tonight. It's a first date and he was nervously excited about it. I asked him what he had planned for the occasion.

"Well, I was thinking we'd go to a nice dinner and then go play some arcade games," he replied. "Doesn't that sound like a pretty good first date?"

"Hmmm, well it depends on whether the girl likes arcade games," I politely responded.

He got this startled look on his face, as though that possibility had never crossed his mind (which it clearly hadn't). He almost looked panicked. I quickly jumped in.

"Here's an idea," I said. "Why don't you come up with TWO different activities for tomorrow night. Arcade games and something else. Then after dinner, you can tell her what the options are and let her decide which one she prefers."

"That's a great idea!" he exclaimed, with a happy grin on his face.

Someday, when they are happily married, he'll have me to thank.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Boys. ;-)

becca said...

I love this :)

And I kinda do like arcade games...