Wednesday, July 08, 2009

I <3 Maryland

Last week I went to Maryland to visit a friend of mine and spend Independence Day with her. I had never visited Maryland before and was completely charmed by the small city she lives in and its quaint environs.

While there, we went shopping in the town square. Inside the first shop I walked into, there was a tall rather attractive man running the store. He chatted with me and asked if I had been there before. I told him no, I'm from Houston.

Just then a huge St. Bernard lumbered into my path and the man playfully yelled at the dog "get out! get out of here right now! go outside!"

My friend came running into the store from outside and glared at the man and demanded to know why he had been yelling at me and kicking me out of his store. The storekeeper and I both looked at my friend in amusement and explained that he had been yelling at the dog, not at me.

Then the storekeeper looked at me and said "oh no...we LOVE Houstonians here." Then he walked over, grabbed me into a hug and kissed me and said "no really, we really like Houstonians."

Needless to say, I really like Marylanders.

3 comments:

O.M.G. said...

great story. might want to edit where you wrote "get out of her right now" to "get out of HERE right now". i got confused for a second. still, funny.

Melody said...

HAHA!!! I think you should leave the typo (it is a typo, right?) just the way it is.

Still shady even on the non-shady blogs... ;)

Laurie said...

OOOPS! Ok, I fixed it! :) I didn't mean to be THAT shady.