Friday, January 30, 2009

Spicy

Last night a latin boy called me at 10:45 (no, it was not a booty call) and said "let's go salsa dancing!" What?? It's nearly 11pm! I'm in my jammies. I already washed off my make-up. I have to go to work tomorrow. Clearly I did the only thing a girl could do in that situation, I got ready in 15 minutes and went dancing in the middle of the night.

I knew I must be looking good when I arrived at the club and the bouncer waved me in without making me pay the cover. Score 1 for Laurie.

I met up with my friend and we danced and goofed off and generally had fun. At one point I was walking past the dance floor and some random guy grabbed me and said "Are yoo leefing?!" Um, no. I'm not leaving. "Ooh good. Yoo cannot leef! I won't let yoo! Yoo must stay!" Then he gave me a big bear hug. I'm still not sure if he thought he knew me or if he was just trying to flirt with me...or maybe both.

A little while later another guy walked up to me and said "wood joo like to danssse?" Sure, I'll dance with you. You don't seem too scary and haven't tried to hug me yet. We danced for a while, but then my friend cut in and took me away. I think he was jealous.

I came away learning an important truth. Latin men like me. I think I've found my niche.
Ay Caramba!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Ay Caramba! ?? There's NOTHING wrong with latin men liking you. In fact, everything right. Hello!!?? They're hot!

Melody said...

I'm glad you clarified that it was not a booty call because I was VERY concerned. ;)

And I'm with Alyssa--I would definitely not be opposed to having Latin men like me!