Thursday, January 08, 2009

Answers to Life's Persistent Questions

I've had a lot of questions, lately. Usually when I have questions, I feel like Job: looking toward the sky, wondering why and how God does the things He does...and never receiving any answers other than "I AM GOD. The End."

But lately He's been answering questions left and right...bam! pow! pop! zing!

God, what does this mean? Oh, thanks for getting back to me so quickly on that.
God, why did you allow this to happen? Oh. I see. Yes, I get it now.
God, what am I supposed to learn from this? Ouch. That hurt a little bit. But I never knew that about myself before...or if I did know that, I never really learned anything from it before.

It's funny how usually I want answers from the Lord and feel like I get nothin'...but when I DO get answers, I end up kinda not wanting them.

However, I am praising Him for answers! He is good and kind and sweet. He doesn't owe me anything...yet He takes the time to be personal and obvious and provide clarity. Just because the answer wasn't exactly what I wanted does not mean it's the best and most perfect thing for me.

So thank you, Lord, for answers! And maybe one day the answer could be the one I'm hoping for. But even if it isn't, thank you for always providing the best for me.

1 comment:

gL said...

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Shameless plug alert! HFBC's devotional this year is awesome and really talks about this relationship aspect of knowing God. If you haven't already go check it out.