Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Final Installment

Same dinner. Yet another boy.

I was seated next to a very dear and long-time friend of mine. This guy is someone I am quite comfortable with. Apparently the waiter picked up on that. We were a fairly large group, so at the end of the meal the waiter asked if we wanted our bill together or separated. One of the guys responded that everyone at the table would like separate checks. Our waiter was not convinced.

I didn't know this until later, but the waiter discreetly and quietly went up to my guy friend, leaned over and whispered "you and the lady? You want your checks together?" My friend told him no, our checks were separate. The waiter gave him an odd look -- sort of an arched-eyebrow-are-you-sure? kind of look and stalked off.

I guess he was disappointed that his waiterly intuition had been thwarted.

3 comments:

Mindy Hart said...

ok- at that point in time, the boy should have given in and said, why not and gotten your check!

Team Carter said...

I agree with the above stated comment :)

Laurie said...

I'm not sure how his girlfriend would have felt about that...