Wednesday, September 03, 2008

The Surreal Life

Yesterday was the weirdest day. I'll give you three examples how so.

I went to the ladies room at the office (nothing odd about that). After I did what I came to do, I washed my hands and headed to the door. I opened the door and nearly screamed because all I saw was a huge man looming in the doorway with his arms outstretched.

I quickly recovered once I realized it was a colleague from downstairs in the TV station. He was cracking up laughing and I managed to gather that he was waiting for one of his female co-workers to come out of the restroom and had no idea he would end up frightening me instead. As soon as my heart returned to a normal pace it was actually quite funny.

Later in the day I was out on an assignment. I was standing there waiting to interview this one man. He was chatting with some other people and I didn't want to interrupt. Just as he was wrapping up his conversation, I distinctly heard him let out a big fart! What the?!

After work I headed home for the evening. I got in my car and turned on the radio only to discover that all my radio pre-set buttons had been changed. Ok, this is getting freaky. Am I in some sort of twilight zone? I have no idea if someone pranked me (don't know how they'd get into the car) or if something weird happened and my car reset itself.

All I know is the weirdness continues today. This morning I stopped by Starbucks (my Wednesday ritual) and forgot to bring in my wallet or any money. As if that wasn't bad enough, as I walked back inside I looked down and realized with horror that I was wearing a dress and had forgotten to shave my legs! What in the world??

I'm hoping the weirdness ends here.
And in case anyone is worried, I went back home and changed into pants. Hairy legs are not acceptable. I'll shave tonight.

No comments: