Monday, May 12, 2008

Freudian Slip?

This is a story I like to call "A Cautionary Tale: What Not to Say to A Girl."

Last night I went out for coffee with a guy. Now, this guy is a great guy and happens to be in a position of leadership in a ministry. Which just goes to show that girls can never let their guard down, even when with a guy who has outstanding credentials.

Here's how the evening started:

Guy: "Is your drink ok?"

Me: "I'm not sure. It's scalding hot. I can't drink it. I keep blowing on it, but it hasn't cooled down enough for me to taste it."

Guy: "You should take your top off."

Me: "Excuse me?"

Guy, with look of horror on his face, stammering: "I mean...not your top...uh...the top...the lid...I didn't mean...dammit!"

Me, laughing: "Did you just ask me to take my top off?"

Guy, head in hands: "This is going on the blog tomorrow, isn't it?"

2 comments:

The Traveler said...

You should have totally thrown in a "That's what she said"...

Troy said...

My boss said "That's what she said" in a meeting yesterday. "She" actually had said something. My boss was referring to a statement that was relevant to the business at hand. Nevertheless, I about lost it.