Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Another Cautionary Tale

Again, What Not to Say to a Girl.


This is another story from Sunday night, involving a different guy. Here's how it went:


Guy: "Laurie, are you going to class dinner tonight?"


Me: "No, I don't think so."


Guy: "Why not?"


Me: "Because I don't really like the restaurant we're going to. If people were going somewhere else I'd probably go."


Guy: "You won't even come for the fellowship? Well I'll go with you if you're taking a group to another restaurant."


Me: "I don't want to splinter the group. If you want to go somewhere else with me that's fine, but I don't think it's a good idea to break up the group."


Guy: "I don't think it's a good idea for me to go to dinner with you. That's 'fellowship' with a completely different connotation."


Me: "Are you saying you wouldn't want to go out to dinner with me?"


Guy: "I...uh...I'm not saying...I just..."


Me: "I'm walking away before you dig yourself into an even deeper hole."


I think he just DTR'd me!
And to top it off, the whole conversation took place in front of another guy...so it was a PUBLIC DTR!

No comments: