Friday, April 25, 2008

Secret Crush

I have a secret crush.

Before you get all excited: you don't know the guy and there is absolutely no chance of me getting involved with him. There's no long-term potential with this crush. The reason I have a secret crush on him is because he is the kind of guy I would like to date, even though I don't want to actually date him. And no, he's not Zach Braff.

It's actually a man who works at my office. He's quite a bit older than I -- probably in his mid-40s. He's a very tall black man with just a touch of gray in his hair. He's also a widower. And before you go there, no I am not looking to get in a relationship with a 40-something widower. I'm just telling you a bit about him.

What I'm really drawn to is his quiet dignity. He's very gentle and mild-mannered, but also very confident and decisive. He doesn't speak often, but when he does people listen to him. He works hard and does everything with excellence. He has a good sense of humor, but doesn't need to be the center of attention. He cares about people and talks to you as though you really matter. And he loves and fears the Lord.

I don't want to marry him, but I do want to marry someone like him.
And I sure hope he doesn't read my blog.

No comments: