Monday, March 31, 2008

Mistaken Identity

We've kicked the fundraising into high gear at the station. I was on air for five hours straight on Saturday. My voice is worn out. But I got a funny, bloggable story out of it, so that counts for something.


When I got off the air on Saturday afternoon, one of our long time volunteers, John, told me that a friend of mine called. John said this friend made a contribution and then asked him to "please tell Laurie I said hi." John said he couldn't remember who the caller was for sure, but he thought it was a guy named Tom.

Me: "Oh, TOM! Of course, he's a good friend of mine!"

John: "I'm not sure it was Tom, but I think that's right."

Me: "Ok, well thanks for telling me. That was really sweet of him to call."

So I went and asked the database administrator if he could check and find out if a friend of mine had called in. "Could you search in the comments for anyone who said 'hi to Laurie'?" I asked.

The search came back. Sure enough it was Tom who called.
Tom Foster.
I have no idea who that is.

No comments: