Saturday, January 19, 2008

Premonitions: The Sequel

I worked late last night and by the time I was driving home it was very dark, very cold and very drizzly. The rain was just heavy enough to make the roads really slick and make it difficult to see. I was driving through Memorial Park and thought "this is the kind of night when really bad accidents happen."

About ten minutes later, I found myself sitting in my now crumpled car in the middle of an intersection along with two other crumpled cars. Not the Friday evening I was expecting to have.

As you've probably deduced from the fact that I'm blogging right now, I'm fine. I'm a little sore and stiff, but not hurt. No one else was hurt either. My car, on the other hand, isn't feeling so well. Parts of her are dangling off and other parts are bent into shapes they're not intended to be in.

What had happened wuz...

I was driving west on Woodway and was about to pass through the intersection at Woodway and Post Oak Rd. Another driver, going east on Woodway turned left, failing to yield, and crossed right into my path. I hit her. Then the car in the lane next to me hit her. It wasn't pretty. We all got out of our cars and the other girl who had been in the lane next to me called the police. For some reason I thought "she's a Christian. I just know she's a Christian."

A few minutes later when she got off the phone, she walked up to me and asked me if I attend HFBC! She said she just knew I was a Christian and she felt like she recognized my face.

So that's two premonitions in one night. Except I think the first one was more a judgment based on knowledge and probabilities and the second one was more the presence of the Holy Spirit. But ya know, who's counting...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're ok, and I hope your car gets to feeling better soon. If you need help with anything, just gimme a call.

Sarah said...

Oh wow, what a night! I am glad you are safe.