Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Shenanigans at City Hall

It was quite the day in council chambers. Today was the last council meeting for four of the members who are term-limited. So of course, there were many farewells, well wishes, good-natured jokes and some unexpected flirting!

It all started when Councilmember Peter Brown informed outgoing Councilmember Addie Wiseman that she always gave him a lovely view to look at across the table. Councilmember Anne Clutterbuck sits next to Brown and confirmed that he would frequently make complimentary comments about Wiseman's hair or shade of lipstick.

It could only go downhill from there. Wiseman told Brown she was available for dinner. Brown referred to himself as a "harmless old man." The mayor suggested someone look into their mobile phone records to see if any "impropriety" took place. And the jokes went on.

Oh, and I didn't escape my share of flirtations either. One of my colleagues from another news outlet listens to my station in the mornings and informed me that I was on the radio at shower-time, therefore we took a shower together. I should mention that colleague is a woman.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Hmmm, I wonder who else takes a shower with you, Laurie.