Friday, August 31, 2007

My Week: Blog Version

I got some interesting comments from people this week. Here's a sampling:

Friend: I got a new dress for the wedding I went to. It's the lowest cut clothing I've worn, lots of cleavage. Made me think of you.

Boss writing on assignment board next to my name: Laurie - you'll have an "undated" story tomorrow.
Professor and Host of local program walking by: Laurie is un-dated? That's so sad. We need to change that.

In other news...

I got a voicemail from someone inviting me out for a lunch date. I never returned the call. Oops.

I spent $124.38 at the grocery store last night. Most of it on "hurricane food." I don't think I've ever spent that much on groceries before. I felt like a mom shopping for school food. My cart was full of juice boxes, granola bars, single-serve cookies and crackers, dried fruit, tuna lunch packs, goldfish crackers, bottled water and more.

Steven W. Murray isn't the only one who has news. I have news every day. Unfortunately my news is more of the "Red Light Cameras" and "Smoking Ban" variety.

I'm going to the Farmers Market tomorrow. It's all part of my dream to become Granola Girl and promote sustainable living.

That's All Folks...

3 comments:

gL said...

you know as I was clicking on the blog link for the 5th time today I thought "I sure miss the FF on QQ" So thanks for the laughs

Alyssa said...

Hehe! I like this post! :)

Mindy Hart said...

you'll know you're well on your way to being granola girl when you quit shaving AND proudly display it to everyone. :) Just another benchmark for you to look forward to :)