Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Hollywood...glamour

I had a movie-moment last night.

Most of us have pictured ourselves in that perfect movie scene. For the girls, it's that moment when the man she loves finally comes to his senses and realizes that yes, he IS actually madly in love her, then he pulls her into his arms and kisses her.

For the guys...well I don't know what movie-moment guys want to be in. I'm guessing it's the one where the hero commandeers the spaceship and then proceeds to dismantle the bomb just seconds before it goes off, while simultaneously fending off a half-dozen martial-arts experts while also exchanging witty innuendo with the amazingly hot and scantily-clad female sidekick. But that's just a guess.

Naturally my movie-moment would fall more along the lines of slapstick than romantic comedy. No Hollywood-sweep-her-off-her-feet kisses for me. No such luck. Instead, picture to yourself the lovable but doomed heroine who stands near the street, waiting for Mr. Right to come around the corner. She pauses for just a moment, and in that split-second...a car comes zooming by and splashes a gigantic puddle all over her.

Yes. That happened to me. No. You can't make this stuff up.

7 comments:

gL said...

Who gave away our secret?

Alyssa said...

Oh no! I had that happen once in high school. It was raining. I was running home from school, when "whoosh!" Not so much fun. :(

gL said...

notice how "the girl" sympathizes with the heart of the story, while "the guy" gets caught up in your witty excursion into that unknown realm known as the male brain.

I don't know why I am "the guy" and AR is "the girl"... just go with my stereotyping of the genders....

p.s. my word verification is mookenk... makes me think of a semi-regular poster here...

Alyssa said...

"Unknown realm" is right! What a perfect phraseology to describe the male brain!

Anonymous said...

Well I'm a guy and I prefer the first one. Except in my life it was the girl I was madly in love with figuring out she was in love with me. Not all of us are stereotypical.

Anonymous said...

You're a regular ol' Bridget Jones, huh Laurie?

Anonymous said...

anonymous #1, how did you pull that off? That never happens....