Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Wise Man Once Said...

"Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers,
and blessed is he who trusts in the LORD.
The wise in heart are called discerning,
and pleasant words promote instruction."
~Proverbs 16:20-21

Last night, I was reminded of this verse after a brief conversation with Troy. I was worrying about a particular situation. Troy, in wisdom of heart and discernment, took note of my worry and gently rebuked me for it. He spoke pleasant words, but they were definitely words of instruction. And he meant for me to heed them, and not simply ignore his counsel. The result? I'm trusting God to handle that situation, thanking Him for the blessing of such a friend and rejoicing at the way scripture comes to life through the working of the Holy Spirit.

No comments: