Monday, December 04, 2006

H-E Double Hockey Sticks

Our house is falling apart. The downstairs toilet doesn't work (but Troy verified there is black goo coating the valves in the water tank). The upstairs hall shower doesn't work. We assume the shower head is filled with rust. The other upstairs shower doesn't drain properly. We recently discovered we can't use the microwave and the coffee pot at the same time. Trying to do so results in blowing a breaker. And then there's the random scary grinding noise coming from an unidentified source. We thought it was the heater, but it's not. We can't figure out where it's coming from.

Good Times.

4 comments:

Ulovebeth said...

Before you moved in, you didn't walk around flushing toilets and running faucets and flipping light switches? I think that's how your supposed to test out houses. Like when you have to go around and kick cars tires.

As far as the shower head, I can help you with that. I bought a cool one that works like a rain shower from Tuesday Morning and installed it myself. Let me know if you need help. I love fixing stuff. I've watched lots of HGTV. :) And I work for food.

Troy said...

For verification, the black goo appears to be the remains of a disintegrated O-ring. It is blocking the flow of water filling the tank.

gL said...

I am actually pretty handy as well and will work for food also!

gL said...

oh and santa needs to get some sleep... those are some serious bags under the eyes...