Sunday, April 23, 2006

Meditations

I am sitting at home surrounded by beautiful flowers and gifts -- evidence of how much I am loved. The sun is shining and there is a gentle breeze. The warm, sweet smell of freshly-baked brownies fills the house. Words of encouragement fill me; kind words speak of what my life means to other people. Joy fills the space. Although I am all alone, I look across the room and see people everywhere: people laughing and talking, people singing and joking, people engaged in intense conversation and others just listening. I soak up sounds -- vignettes. Just over there stands the sweet friend who loves me through everything. Oh, and look! Walking through the door is the one who believes I can accomplish anything! The one standing in the corner is the one who makes me want to be a better person. And here, here is the one whose good opinion of me means more than any other. I smile at the one who catches my eye and knows exactly what I am thinking. These are the moments I treasure. This is what makes life breathtakingly bittersweet. My heart overflows with happiness and sorrow. Every minute is precious and fleeting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And from what I hear you deserve every happy moment.
Moms

Anonymous said...

I am sad I missed your party. You are so special and dear to my heart :)
Danielle