Thursday, November 17, 2005

Is There a Prophet in the House?

I am not making any of this up.

I had a dream last night. Actually it was early this morning just before I woke up. I don't often remember my dreams, but this one stuck with me and was actually a bit disturbing. Here's what happened.

I was in my house with several other people: some church friends, some co-workers. I was standing next to the window and looked out to see a swarm of huge bees flying toward the house. They started bumping into the window and next thing I knew they were dislodging the glass from the seal. Several people walked up to see what was going on. It was very odd.

Then someone walked outside and when they opened the door a whole group of bees swarmed inside and started attacking us. Several people were stung and fell to the floor, other began grabbing objects and warding off the bees. I found a big, heavy object and crushed a whole posse of bees. It sounds funny, but it was actually very upsetting. Then the bees disappeared. They simply vanished.

We regrouped and started to talk about what had happened when I noticed there were new people among us. People that none of us knew. Strangers. They acted like they had been there the whole time. Then the really weird stuff started happening. The strangers held a council and took over. Then people that I knew started joining them. It was sort of like a benign version of invasion of the body-snatchers. People were being turned into the strangers. I was brought before the council and questioned and somehow I could see inside them. I could see past the mask of human form and inside was something evil.

Then I woke up.

I awoke before the alarm, so it wasn't a noise that awakened me. I was very disoriented and couldn't remember what day of the week it was or figure out what time it was. All I could think of was the evil inside the strangers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you say "The Others."

Karla said...

Dude. That's freaky. I wonder if God was trying to tell you that the Enemy's attacks come in many forms. Sometimes they are blatant and painful, while other times they are more subtle and subversive. Or it could just be that you don't like bees. Just a thought.