Thursday, September 01, 2005

Right or Wrong?

Several countries, including Canada, Germany and France, have offered assistance in our current crisis along the Gulf Coast.

President Bush says: "I'm not expecting much from foreign nations because we hadn't asked for it. I do expect a lot of sympathy and perhaps some will send cash dollars. But this country's going to rise up and take care of it. You know, we would love help, but we're going to take care of our own business as well, and there's no doubt in my mind we'll succeed. And there's no doubt in my mind, as I sit here talking to you, that New Orleans is going to rise up again as a great city."

In other words, we can handle it ourselves, we don't really need your help. Is he right or is he wrong? I personally think this is the perfect time to receive assistance from other nations. We have helped them many times, why should we refuse their help now? What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree Laurie. We should be gracious and willing to accept any help offered. Even if we don't "need" it, we should still accept it.

Todd Richards said...

I think it is arrogance at its best...