Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Ahhh, nice and relaxing

Last night I had the evening to myself! Many of you will understand how incredibly amazing this is...no meetings, appointments, social events, Bible studies, coffee with friends, errands etc... Just a glorious evening to call my own. I contemplated finishing up the painting in the new bedroom, but decided what sounded even better was junk food, tv, bubble bath and reading in that order.

Things started out as planned...after a couple slices of pizza and a re-run of Friends I felt like a nice long soak in the tub was in order. The steam and scent of lavender filled the room. There were lots and lots of bubbles, water that was just a teeny bit too hot and a good book, a recipe for luxury.

So I'm reclining and reading and getting a little sleepy when the rain comes with a vengeance. Ahhh, this is even better, rain drumming on the roof. Then a huge peal of thunder, a flash of lightning and the electricity flickers out for a moment. Now keep in mind I am almost fully submerged in water. All I could think of was the potential newspaper reports: "Local Radio Reporter Dies in Freak Lightning Bathtub Accident." Then I imagined Kristi coming home to find my naked, fried corpse floating in the tub. Then I thought of the Medical Examiner's report: no evidence of drugs or alcohol in her system, just large quantities of caffeinne and some pepperoni pizza.

That was the end of my relaxing evening.

7 comments:

Todd Richards said...

What imagery... you should write novels instead of reporting the news. :-)

Anonymous said...

that made me laugh out loud! :)

AyDubb said...

I am SO glad I couldn't read that at work. Oh! I think I broke my "Le Purrrrr" from laughing so hard. Maybe you'll try again soon?

Me said...

Hilarious! Those same claps of thunder were making people jump left and right in the Summit leadership meeting . . . quite entertaining!

Anonymous said...

I love it when weather affects all my friends...;)

Anonymous said...

btw, your new room is lonely.

gL said...

LMRO